The Employment Law Practice Group is pleased to provide the February 2010 edition of the Employment Law Update, which features the following articles:
- Did you know that Florida ranks second only to California in the number of wage and hour suits brought against employers? Robert Shearman provides employers with a timely update and advice in "Taking Care of Business and Working Overtime: FLSA Lawsuits on the Rise."
- Whether an employee is terminated because of a depressed economy or poor performance, severance agreements are important for employers and employees alike. John Agnew explains in "Why a 'Golden Parachute' Can Be As Good For The Employers As It Is for the Employee, Especially in Difficult Economic Times."
- In the article "Amendment to FMLA Expands Military Family Leave," Joanne Lashey explains how FMLA policies should be reviewed and revised to comply with changes to exigency leave, contingency operations and caregiver leave requirements.
- Be sure to mark your calendar and save the date of April 27, 2010 so you can attend the 18th Annual HR Law & Solutions Seminar at Pelican Preserve Country Club in Fort Myers. The topics and speakers are announced on page 4; look for registration to begin mid-March.
- Click to download your copy of the Employment Law Update.